Why choose the Milk Bank @ Chester?
The Milk Bank @ Chester is the largest NHS milk bank in the UK and is fully compliant with NICE Guideline 93 and HACCP principles. Reasons to choose the Milk Bank @ Chester to supply your donor milk include:
- The Milk Bank @ Chester is an NHS service
- Milk is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from our hub in Chester and our satellites in Hull Royal Infirmary, King’s Mill Hospital (Mansfield), Royal Preston Hospital and University Hospital of South Manchester in Wythenshawe
- Milk is always available
- We comply with NICE guidelines and HACCP principles
- All donors are screened for HIV 1-2, HTLV 1-2, Hepatitis and Syphilis
- Each batch of milk is microbiology tested for contamination during the pasteurisation process
- Every bottle of donor milk is supplied with its macronutrient content including fat, calorie, carbohydrate and protein content
- We have supplied donor milk to over 70 hospitals throughout England, Ireland and Wales – you can read quotes from health professionals who have used our service here
We are continually developing our satellite networks, if you feel your area would benefit from such a facility please get in touch.